How to sell your own software without any coding knowledge!
Do you want to sell your own software but have no coding experience?
Sounds impossible but it’s actual much easier than you think.
There are several ways to build your software empire…
- Rebrand (and adjust) existing open source WordPress plugins or themes.
- Rebrand (and adjust) existing other open source or free to use software.
- Rebrand (and adjust) existing software with White Label or Private Label rights.
- Buy the exclusive software rights (and complete business) from the owner.
- Outsource the software creation process.
Rebrand existing open source WordPress plugins/themes
Probably the easiest and cheapest way to start building your software empire, is to re-brand open source WordPress plugins (or themes).
I can explain you all details, but for an investment of just $4.95 you can get an excellent video training showing you everything you’ll need to know. All steps, from how to find a WordPress plugin that you are free to use, how to rename and rebrand your plugin, and how to update your plugin (after major WordPress updates etc.).
As you know, I almost never promote a product from Warrior+, but this one I can highly recommend. Just click on the image below to see all details.
My advise, buy it now (while the course price is low). For many, there will be a time when you’ll need to rebrand a plugin. And although it’s not difficult, you can make some mistakes. With this course you can avoid mistakes and properly brand any plugin you want.
And for those of you who want to add some functionality, check out WP Master Developer ($17.00), a Code Editor for WordPress to easily create and update WordPress Plugins, Add-ons, and Themes.
Rebrand existing open source software or apps
Besides WordPress plugins/themes, there are many other software applications with free to use source code.
Apps that you can either just rebrand or add your own functionality to it.
A great and affordable video training (just $9.97) with walk-through where you can find these free sources codes and how to get started, is The Profit Windfall by Patric Chan.
Patric shows 3 case studies of 3 software products he sold and made over 7 figures income from: launched Niche Marketing 2.0, DupliTerminator and CPM BidPro.
Not only will he show all the details about getting the software, but also about how he launched them and how he got visitors to his sales pages.
Plus you will get these 2 amazing bonuses:
Bonus #1: Leverage Authority
In 12 training modules you’ll learn how to build your army of affiliates and get joint venture partners on board to launch your product!
Bonus #2: Automation Marketing Training Program
In this over 7 hours of audio training Sean Mize, a 6-figure internet marketer, shares his secret of generating over $100k in his first year.
Rebrand existing software with White Label or Private Label rights
Instead of open source or free to use source code, you can buy software with White Label or Private Label Rights (PLR).
(These rights allow you to change and rebrand the software as you wish, where software with Resell Rights (or MRR) only allows you to sell the software as it is)
On my review blog, I have a separate page with all the latest software products with resell and/or White Label rights.
Hence, a great start to find software products with White Label rights.
But there are many other products with these rights. Just do you search on Google. Or…
Be more active and search for “older” products on JVZoo or another platform without many sales but of good quality.
You know, there are many solid products on the market right now, where the creators don’t know how to sell it or to attract the “big” affiliates to promote their products.
This is your chance. Reach out to them and try to get the White Label rights or just buy the software from them.
Two great marketplaces are Envato marketplace and Hotscripts, where you can search for scripts and software that you are allowed to use in your own software products or can rebrand under your own name.
Finally, there are many PLR memberships where you can obtain many WordPress plugins.
(At least with Plugin Profit Black OPS, you now know how to easily rebrand them)
And maybe, these plugins do have some shortcomings. But it’s often easier to fix a bug or to add some extra features to an existing plugin than to start from scratch.
Buy the exclusive software rights from the owner
On step further than obtaining white label or resell rights, is to buy the exclusive rights from the owner.
Now, you’ll become the sole and exclusive supplier of the software (without any competitors). Besides getting the source code and exclusive rights, often you’ll buy the “complete business”, including brand name, domain, marketing material, clients and contracts etc.
On sites as Flippa.com you can not only search for domains but for (software or info) products and businesses to buy as well.
Another great source is to look out for expired domains for software products. If the vendor doesn’t renew his domain, he probably stopped selling his software, and who knows… you can buy the software and bring “fresh blood” into the software.
So far all methods of using existing software.
But of course, you can…
Outsource the software creation
There are many market places where you can find quality developers who can fix some bugs, add some features, or create a complete new software program from scratch. To mention a few:
Or you can visit fora where developers hang out.
But the best way to start is to learn from an expert…
who has sold many software products without any coding knowledge at all.
Inside Software Launch System ($27.00) plus the Masterclass Upgrade ($47.00), Sam Bakker (top affiliate and vendor on JVZoo) shows you the step-by-step process he’s using to create and sell high profit products from scratch. He’ll teach you how to determine if and what kind of designers and developers you need … and most important… where to find them guaranteeing you get what you pay for!
It really is a system, not just the software development, but also the marketing around and how to setup your software business. Read my full review…
And to sweeten the deal, as bonus, you’ll also get a great Facebook Interest Targeting Software with… White Label Rights!
Another great course from an expert is STARTUP //Bootstrapped// ($397.00).
The creator, Mark Thompson, is a very successful software vendor (USD 10+ million sales) and know what he is talking about (see some of his products below).
It’s an advanced video training covering 9 modules, completed with prerecorded live coaching calls.
The modules cover these aspects:
- Mindset & Business Fundamentals, including the top 10 mistakes most people make and how to avoid them.
- Development Methodology with approaches and techniques to handling the overall development process and quality assurance.
- The Development Process tweaked and refined through the years – providing you the most up-to-date, streamlined and efficient process to software development you’ve ever seen.
- Hiring Your Team. Learn how to craft job descriptions to connect and find only the cream of the crop, while also paying significantly less than what others would pay for the same qualified candidates.
- Creating Your Offer. How to price your software during the product lifetime and quickly create a spike of revenue at the start to help to cover overhead costs.
- Launch Process. Inside secrets to how to get in front of red-hot buyers who are begging to purchase your product.
- Onboarding Sequence to get your members engaged with your software and using it regularly resulting in higher sales, more upgrades, and higher customer retention.
- Measuring & Analytics. Discover what to measure. So you can plan for scaling and growth.
- Growth & Scaling. Learn about the different approaches and ways of handling growth.
Learn from the mistakes and experiences from other successful entrepreneurs. This course is as close as having your own mentor.
(To sweeten the deal, you can select 4 products for free on GeorgesDeals.com if you’ll buy STARTUP //Bootstrapped// via my link. BTW on my deal site you’ll find over 50 software applications where I’ve got the Resell or White Label rights myself, just to show you that everyone can build a “software empire”)
So, here you have it. All the sources to start selling your own software.
Related products and posts
To create professional images as cover boxes for your software, check out my review about Lifetime Studio FX, 2 cloud-based apps to create all kind of marketing images for social media and product covers.
Mark Thompson and his partner Matt Callen (Digital KickStart) have created many software products. Below some of them where I wrote a review about:
- PayKickStart. Checkout/Shopping Cart application with built-in affiliate platform.
- Easy VSL 3.0. Video Sales Letter creation software.
- Social KickStart. Manage all your social media accounts from one dashboard.
- PressPlay. Video Player with monetization features.
- Heatmap Tracker 2.0. Website visitor analyzing software.
- FreshMember. Membership software.
Questions? Contact me or leave your reply in the comments below.